Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Our Week In Mississippi

What a good time we had last week when Gentry and I traveled with Dale down to his old stompin' grounds. Gentry and I had a couple of leisurely, lazy days in Baldwyn while Dale had to work for a few days. We went shopping at the mall in Tupelo, got way too many cookies at the cookie shop, rode the carousel, and played a slew of arcade games together. I enjoyed so much getting to spend the day with my little guy. We stopped for lunch at the food court and all the TV screens were tuned in to the memorial service of Michael Jackson at the Staples Center in L.A. Everyone's eyes were glued to the screens, mindlessly stuffing food into their mouths watching the "show" unfold. But, all Gentry was concerned about was riding the carousel which was in close proximity. He kept jumping up and down and asking me, "Mommy, are you done eating yet?"...over and over and over!! :)

I got to visit with some of my sisters-in-law and I made a pig out of myself with the most delicious watermelon I've had this season. Gentry got to play with Harlee & Hagen (his cousins) and Gentry and Hagen even got into a "fight" over a balloon they were chasing around the living room. My, oh my, the tempers were flarin'...and all of us were enjoying the show.

We left for Jackson on Wednesday evening to spend a few nights at Camp Meeting. We went to dinner after church on Thursday night with our friends, Wally & Vicki Tiller, who we hadn't seen in probably over 10 years. Wally employed Dale with a job when we first got married. "Tiller Remodeling" paid our bills for the first two or three years of our newlywed life. We used to have dinner with them a lot when we first got married and lived in Jackson. Their girls were just little blonde-headed princesses back then. Now, one has graduated from college and is a registered nurse, and the other one is attending a bible college! TALK ABOUT FEELING OLD!!! It was so good to be able to reconnect with them again after all our years of being away. We laughed and joked and reminisced about the good ole days, and got caught up on "life".

Then Friday, we got to spend some time with our dear friends and mentors, Bret & Dedie Cooley. He was teaching the day services at the camp meeting and so when we found out they were going to be there, we knew that we wanted to make every effort to try to see them. It was SO GOOD to reconnect with them as well. My only regret is that we didn't get to spend more time visiting.

Dale's birthday was that Thursday and we enjoyed spending the day together. We went to Stein Mart and he ended up buying ME things instead of him getting birthday gifts. I told him I didn't want him to buy me anything, but he insisted, saying I never buy myself anything. So....I very happily relented and let him spoil me a bit. Can't wait to show off my new black purse he got me too. (Thanks, baby!)

Well, I've got a couple of loads of laundry calling my name, so I better run for now. More Rutland Ramblings later! :)

Baci -

1 comment:

Christy said...

Sounds like a wonderful week!! BTW, what is Baci? I googled, but all I can find is chocolate or Italian restaurants. :)